
And here the house with a new roof:

You can also see how much cleaner the house looks with all the debris (trees, fence, etc) removed. I really like this picture of the house.
We went with the same company we saw do a roof down the street, American Home Contractors. We got charcoal color shingles, regular style. I like the darker color that matches with the occasional dark brick in the house. The shade from the trees will keep it from getting too hot, along with the vent along the top of the house. The dark color also keeps it from looking dirty and stained after a few months. Looking at it now, I kind of wish we had gotten the architectural shingles, but ah well. Along with the roof, they replaced the gutters and trim under the gutters. They replaced the basement windows, too, but I don't have any good before-and-after pictures of those.
I think it looks so much better!
No comments:
Post a Comment